Friday, February 25, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

I made this twice last week. It's easy to throw together and both my kids liked it. We topped it with some fresh fruit and milk. You can also add the fruit into the batter before it cooks. I have tried it both ways, but I prefer the fruit added after its cooked.I made a half batch because I didn't need a 9X13 inch pan of oatmeal for the three of us.
3 c oatmeal, either quick or old-fashioned
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c oil
1/4 c apple sauce
1 c milk2 beaten eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 8X8-inch pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with milk and fresh fruit.

Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment